Trust me, I'm a cartoonist... 😀
We know the world is full of snakes, so I use two things to reassure you that I am serious and professional, and to reassure me, that you are too.
1. A written agreement of the project - A contract.
In this way, everyone knows just what to expect. This includes:
- An outline of the agreed work
- Contact details of the Client and Artist
- The agreed costs for the work
- Deadlines for the various stages of the job
- The licensing details
- Final delivery deadlines
Here is an example of an illustration contract that you will receive. 🙂
2. A Billing Schedule
- A 50% payment on an agreed milestone, usually when the sketches are approved and before the beginning of the final artwork.
- The other 50% payment on the final delivery of the project.
- I will send you an invoice at these two stages of the job.